About Rutgers Indonesia
Rutgers Indonesia (Ruang Temu Generasi Sehat Indonesia) is a not-for-profit organization that has been working in Indonesia since 1997. Our work focusing on advancing the fulfilment of sexual and reproductive health rights for adolescents and young people, and the elimination of gender-based violence. Together with our partners, we develop intervention models to increase knowledge and strengthen systems that promote, uphold, and fulfil human rights. We develop comprehensive sexual and reproductive health education and services for adolescents and young people. We innovate to engage boys and men in the elimination of gender and sexuality-based violence.
To ensure sustainable changes, we join efforts with key actors in non-government sectors, faith-based organizations, and professional associations, to strengthen the Government of Indonesia’s efforts to combat violence against women and children. Most importantly, we partner with young people to address issues that matters in their lives.
About the post
The Junior Media & Communications Officer is based in Jakarta and reports directly to the Communications Specialist. The incumbent will also work closely with the Program team in Rutgers Indonesia to execute all the communication-related activities. S/He works closely with Communications Specialist and all program’ staffs to draft communication materials and effectively communicate program approaches, activities, outputs, and impact.
Specific responsibilities of the Junior Media and Communications officer include but are not limited to:
● Support Communications Specialist in design, execute, and refine Program’s communication strategy to support an evidenced-based SRHR and SGBV approaches.
● Support all Rutgers program as it engages and develop partnerships with a broad range of stakeholders.
● Document and effectively communicate partnership activities, including participatory design and co-investment in local solutions.
● Contribute to the design and implementation of technical assistance to partners.
● Together with Communications specialist and Program Managers ensure all communication materials and reporting complies with the Rutgers Program Branding and Marking Plan.
● Support in creative campaign production and dissemination of publicity materials
● Contribute significantly to the preparation and implementation of national and sub-national events.
● Support all external communication platform including websites and social media
● Support in public and media relations to increase program values and mission visibility
● Support the Program team in coordinating the organization and delivery of major communications events
● Other duties as assigned that are consistent with the overall focus of the program.
● Bachelor’s degree in communications, international relation, public health, psychology, international relation, and other social and humanity studies, or related discipline.
● A minimum of 2 (two) years of experience in Communication activities, such as journalism, public relations, media relation, social campaign, and digital marketing
● Knowledge in printed and digital publication production
● Knowledge and experience in working with mass media
● Experience in creative content making, writing articles, and basic knowledge on photo and video production
● Technology savvy (MS Office, Adobe Pack, Website WordPress CMS, Social media handling, CANVA, trello, and other digital communication tools)
● Proven experience in event organization, ideally at transnational level
● Excellent communications skills (both oral and written)
● Capacity to effectively interact with young people and multiple of stakeholders including policy makers, senior civil servants and service providers
● Fluency in English (both written and spoken)
● Attention to specific details
● Available for frequent travels
Terms of employment
The appointment is a part-time position with 32 hours maximum per week. The post holder will be based at Rutgers Indonesia office in Jakarta with frequent travel to Rutgers Indonesia sites.
Expected to submit the advertisement during 26 February – 11 March 2022. Shortlist and interview process during the third week of March and the position is expected on board in the second week of April 2022
How to apply
Please send a motivation letter and CV to Rutgers Indonesia: email@example.com., with the email tittle: ‘JMC POSITION’ by March 11th, 2022 COB.
Candidates should also include and a link to original products/reports written in English.
Konsultan akan berkontrak selama 1 tahun dengan mekanisme pembayaran sesuai kebutuhan dan output pekerjaan
We do not appreciate receipt of any commercial correspondence through the channels listed for the purposes of replying to this advertisement. Rutgers Indonesia is an organization that upholds the values of equality and justice; we encourage women, people with disabilities, marginalized groups, various ethnicities and religions to apply to the position in Rutgers Indonesia.