Rutgers Indonesia is a not-for-profit organization that has been working in Indonesia since 1997. Our work focuses on advancing the fulfilment of sexual and reproductive health rights for adolescents and young people, and the elimination of gender-based violence. Together with our partners, we develop intervention models to increase knowledge and strengthen systems that promote, uphold, and fulfil human rights. We develop comprehensive sexual and reproductive health education and services for adolescents and young people. Together with our partners, we innovate to engage boys and men in the elimination of gender and sexuality-based violence.
To ensure sustainable changes, we join efforts with key actors in non-government sectors, faith-based organizations, and professional associations, to strengthen the Government of Indonesia’s efforts to combat violence against women and children. Most importantly, we partner with young people to address issues that matter in their lives.
For more detail about Rutgers Indonesia see the link: https://www.rutgers.id/.
Rutgers Indonesia is currently looking for a committed and enthusiastic candidate for the following position:
Administrative Officer (AO)
Full time – service contract with possible extension, Jakarta based
This Administrative Officer will be a member of the Human Resources & Administration team in the Jakarta office and will work closely with the Program Administrative Officer (PAO) and will report to the HR & Admin Manager on tasks related to the office operational activities at Rutgers Indonesia.
- Provide assistance in organizing daily office activities (including front-office, correspondence, licensing, office equipment and ensuring the Information and Technology system runs smoothly,).
- Maintain office security as necessary and provide assistance in monitoring the implementation of Security and Safety procedures and Code of Conduct.
- Organize events (meetings, training, workshops, business trips) as well as handling logistics, accommodation, transportation and administrative needs for the staff of Rutgers Indonesia, including preparing the necessary budget and the financial report.
- Prepare necessary documents required by the staff (such as passports, visas and other documents) required for the benefit of business travelling (domestic and foreign).
- Keep filing systems and archiving systems in place and also to ensure that the communications materials (the project briefs etc) are well stocked, monitored and that the Country Representative is kept up to date with this.
- In conjunction with the HR & Admin Manager, determine and communicate the office closures and provide back up to those staff continuing to work during these shutdowns and after working hours.
- To be in charge of all service & maintenance contracts
- Participate and update in the development and establishment of office registration, policies, procedures and guidelines including:
- Office registration and reporting requirements under Indonesian Labour Law
- Office policy & procedures manual development
- Other policies and procedures as required by institutional partners and regulatory authorities
- Custody of all office assets, their safety, insurance, tracking movements, regular updates of the asset register and spot check.
- Ensure that all office facilities & equipment are functional all the time and be in charge of arranging any repairs, replacements & maintenance.
- Manage the storage to make sure all inventory are in order and record stock in out
- Work with the programme and other support teams to develop procurement plans for new projects and assist in all procurement processes within the Rutgers Indonesia office.
- Monitor and manage office supplies, kitchen supplies, including stationery and other consumables for the daily operation of the organization.
- Ensure procurement procedures and authorisation procedures are followed, such as
- Purchase Request, Purchase Order and Invoice Authorization Form
- Sort incoming supplier quotations, invoices and payment requests.
Qualifications, Experience and Work Based Skills and Competencies:
- Commitment to Rutgers Indonesia’s values (i.e.: diversity, respect on others, gender, sexual orientation, religion, and child protection rights)
- Minimum D3 degree, preferable in Business Administration, Accounting, Literature, or Library Studies
- At least 3 years working experience with procurement and administrative (International non-profit environment preferred)
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines required
- Organised, proactive, committed and service minded
- Ability to prioritise workload, use initiative and work independently
- Consistently on learning and can- do attitude.
- Demonstrated competence with Microsoft Office and accounting software experience preferred
- Good communication skill, both in Bahasa Indonesia and English (verbal and writing) and can work within a multicultural environment, including both national and international staff members
The application can be submitted by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicating the position: Administrative Officer (AO). Application deadline will be on 17 June 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and Rutgers will ensure those candidates have no such record related to code of conduct issues.
Rutgers Indonesia gives equal opportunity employment regardless of gender, sexual orientation and religion, as well as care for child protection rights