Position: Finance Manager
Report to: The Country Representative
Reportees: Finance officer, Accounting Officer, Finance assistant
Coordinate with: Finance Controler of Rutgers Netherlands, Project Finance team at Rutgers Netherlands, Project Managers at Rutgers Indonesia
Rutgers Indonesia (Ruang Temu Generasi Sehat Indonesia) is a not-for-profit organisation registered as an association in the MoLHR that believes sexuality and human reproductive health should be viewed positively without being judgmental and free from violence. Our vision is to create a conducive environment (gaining support from the government and the wider community) in realising an Indonesian society free from all forms of violence, fulfilling the rights of sexual health and reproductive rights that are equal and non-discriminatory. Rutgers Indonesia also operates in some areas across Indonesia, such as North Sumatra, DKI Jakarta, West Java, DI Jogyakarta, East Java, Bali, and NTB. For more detail about the program, see the link: https://www.rutgers.id/program.
To support its operation, Rutgers Indonesia is currently seeking a highly qualified national candidate to fill in the position of Finance Manager; who is interested in working on SRHR and SGBV issues, has substantial experience in finance and has a complete understanding of the core finance and project management processes and who is available on short notice.
The Finance Manager reports to the Country Representative. He/She acts as a discussion partner on the country level for financial matters, as well as a member of the Senior Management Team to ensure that all financial data and reporting are within the Rutgers financial guidelines and directions, donor requirements, accounting and reporting regulations aimed at timely, complete and up to date insight in the (financial) performance of the country office and programs.
- Develop the Finance Strategy for Rutgers Indonesia and its resource mobilisation
- Managing all finance functions of Rutgers Indonesia and advising, drafting and analysing financial management information statements and financial reports.
- Act as a source of expertise and business partner for management and Program Team on issues concerning Financial Management, performance indicators and related legal issues.
- As Financial Lead in, and in collaboration with the country proposal team, develop review and refine budgets within the approved threshold, in line with and compliant with organisation guidelines.
- Conduct internal compliance and control assessments, identify and address risk areas, implement measures to minimise the risk of irregularities and coordinate audits based on corporate compliance and audit procedures and in consultation with International Finance Manager in the Netherlands, management team and Program team
- Contact person for external auditor and bank(s)
- Financial Planning and Controlling Responsible for the planning and control cycle
- Execute all necessary financial accounting activities and checks, assuring complete and correct allocation of costs and time. Ensure that internal and external financial reporting complies with the relevant financial standards and regulations, including adherence to tax-related requirements and compliance.
Key expected results:
- Clear, consistent and up-to-date Finance strategy and policy for Rutgers Indonesia
- Efficient and effective finance/admin processes, in line with internal Rutgers and donor requirements
- Adequate and effective provision of information to internal and external parties
- Enhanced quality of decision-making on financial issues
- Accurate and compliant budgets in all proposals, taking into account full cost recovery
- Complete project administration and governance in place
- Accurate and timely insights on the (financial) performance of the country, enabling strategic decision-making by country management
- Effective contribution to the accurate and timely financial management of programs and reporting to donors
- Effective contribution to risk mitigation and increased reliability of financial systems
- Consistent compliance of country programs and projects with relevant regulations and guidelines and cost-efficient as well as safeguarded procurement processes in Indonesia
- Academic qualification- Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in Finance or professional accounting qualification with a minimum of 7 years of relevant working experience and a complete understanding of the core finance and project management.
- Proven experience in supporting programs funded by bilateral donors, multilateral, and EU, as well as knowledge of results-based financing
- Familiarity with Exact Globe Systems will be an advantage.
- Ability to maintain good relationships with donors and the program team.
- Strong interpersonal skills, good negotiation and coordination skills
- Native Indonesian speaker with an excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Good computer skills (Ms Word, Ms Excel, Ms. PowerPoint, Internet, and Outlook)
- Self-motivated, organised and creative in problem-solving
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Having knowledge/experience in tax regulation in Indonesia
- Strong communication and leadership skills, presenting financial information to non-finance stakeholders clearly and precisely,
- Team player, having skills in mentoring and coaching the team and implementing partners
Contract duration: 1 year with the possibility of extension
Desired start date: 1st week of May 2023
Duty station: Jakarta