A National hire and Senior Management Team with time allocation: 70% for SRHR Program Quality & Development and 30% for advocacy & resource mobilization for Rutgers Indonesia.
Based in The Country Office – Jakarta, Indonesia
Rutgers WPF Indonesia is the center of expertise on sexual and reproductive health and rights. For many years, we have been working to improve the SRHR in Indonesia together with our strong partners in the Netherlands and Africa. RutgersWPF works to address various challenges and problems faced by young people regarding their sexual and reproductive health and wellbeing. We do this amongst others, through empowering them through comprehensive sexuality education. Sexuality is not necessarily about sex, but also related to health, being comfortable with their body, as well as respecting other people’s rights. Comprehensive refers to providing accurate and complete information and building skills that help young people to develop their knowledge and behavior so they are aware of their own health and sexual development, and respect other people’s rights. RutgersWPF approach to programs include research, M&E, advocacy and knowledge management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
As a member of the Program Development and Quality team, the Sexuality Reproductive Health and Right (SRHR) head of program is responsible for leading the strategic development of a high quality, evidence based, and innovative SRHR programme that delivers immediate and sustain change for adolescent in Indonesia and contribute significantly to Rutgers’ SRHR program impact.
The post holder will responsible and accountable to lead or contribute to the standards as noted in the Rutgers Program Framework as follows:
1. Lead in developing high quality SRHR programs which are evidence based, strongly contribute to establishing of M&E and Knowledge management mechanisms that support implementation.
2. Lead in capacitating partners to implement and scale-up with quality interventions.
3. Lead in advocacy and build partnership to ensure Rutgers is connected and being connected with Donor and Grantees, international and national parties, government and non-government, including private sectors.
4. Contribute in translation the evidence into practice and back to reproduce knowledge and skill.
5. Contribute in strengthening civil society organization and network and the development of strong partnerships.
6. Strongly contribute to effective resource mobilization for RutgersWPF Indonesia for organization’s sustainability.
7. Strongly contribute to reporting, proposal writing, and business development strategies and its application.
8. Fully involved in building a strong branding for Rutgers and its visibility.
Scope of Appointment:
Reports to:The Country Representative.
The appointment is a full-time position of 40 hours per week. We offer a one-year contract with possibility of extension. The post holder will be based at Rutgers WPF Indonesia office in Jakarta with frequent travel to more than 10 sites across Indonesia and International network in Europe, Africa, and Asia.
· Substantial experience with strategic design and development of SRHR program.
· Strategic thinker and planner with experience in demand-driven SRHR planning and implementation approach.
· Excellent conceptual understanding of complex SRHR and Gender processes and their application from the international, national, and local context.
· Experience in writing a report and a proposal for international donors.
- Strong ability to work in a participatory way, strong facilitation skills, and proven ability to effectively delegate responsibilities.
· Proven experience in advocacy with experience of participatory methods is a strong asset
· Proven experience of advocacy with existing relevant networks is a strong asset
- Demonstrate skills in networking and advocacy as well as understanding of effective policy development and advocacy approaches to facilitate change in the SRHR sector.
- A team player who encourages openness, collaboration and transparency.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and diplomatic skills.
· Fluency in English both oral and written is a MUST.
- Results focused and ability to develop and drive innovative programmatic / operational solutions.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally when required.
- Minimum Master degree in Public health, social science, anthropology, psychology, or equivalent fields.
- Minimum 10 years working experience in the area of health, education, SRHR, Gender Equality, with high level government agencies, civil societies, NGOs, and academics.
- Strong knowledge on project management cycle, project design, reporting and proposal development.
How to apply
Please send a motivation letter and CV to Rutgers WPF Indonesia to <email@example.com>> by 5PM on September 25th 2021.
Candidates should also include a link to original products/reports written in English.
Interviews will take place in the first week of October 2021.
We do not appreciate receipt of any commercial correspondence through the channels listed for the purposes of replying to this advertisement.