Full time-Service Contract with possibility extension, Jakarta based, 1 (One) Position.
Rutgers Indonesia is an association based in Indonesia and affiliated to Rutgers in Utrecht, Netherlands. It works together with implementation, research and advocacy partners in various
provinces in Indonesia to improve sexual and reproductive health and the acceptance of sexual
rights, gender equality and gender-based violence prevention. Rutgers Indonesia provides grant
management, quality assurance and quality control, and technically supports our partner
organizations to implement its programs. Our gender transformative approach, male involvement, Meaningful and Inclusive Youth Participation (MIYP), experience working in international alliance, and Rutgers’ central supporting role provides a strong foundation for the implementation of the programs. Rutgers Indonesia has excellent expertise in implementing research, undertaking advocacy, campaigning, lobbying and negotiation at the regional, national and sub-national levels.
For more detail about the program see the link: https://rutgers.id/
Rutgers WPF Indonesia is currently looking for a committed and enthusiastic young people (< 29 y.o) candidate for the following position:
The PO is based in Jakarta and reports directly to the Project Manager of RHRN#2. More detail about RHRN.2 program can be accessed to this link: https://rutgers.id/great-opportunity-for-rutgers-to-improve-young-peoples-sexual-health-and-rights/
The position roles include as grant manager for five implementing partners working under RHRN#2 Program. Specific responsibilities of the Project Officer include but are not limited to:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities are:
- To assist in developing work plans and budgets along with the Project Manager;
- Together with the Project Manager monitors the implementation of the program by partner organizations on an ongoing basis;
- To support Project Manager in monitoring and analysing results both quantitative and qualitative;
- Together with Project Manager identify and evaluate potential risks related to the activity of the program and take necessary steps to improve;
- Communicate closely with Project Managers, Program Team, PMEL team, and Finance Team on results an analysis of results program performance;
- To support Project Manager in providing technical assistance to partner organizations regarding the implementation of the program,
- To ensure all partner’s plans are in line with program result chain formulated;
- To perform other tasks to achieve program results with the direction and coordination of the Project Manager, i.e.:
- Have strong experiences in formulating work plans, TORs, and report documents as well as analyse those documents from partners or third parties and provide feedback for them.
- Have strong experiences in the area of CSE issues (development, training, coaching)
- To ensure all activities are carried out with good quality standards, follow the procedure and administrative aspects and time manner.
- To assist and inform Project Managers regularly about the achievements and gaps of the program and financial implementation based workplan and budget and then discuss the technical steps that need to be done as follow up actions.
- To ensure all program documents (workplan, TOR, report, etc) are made and archived with quality standards and follows the procedures.
Skills and Competencies:
- Self-driven, able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Analytical and strategic thinking
- Energetic and inspiring personality, excellent communication skills
- Commitment to fulfil SRHR and SGBV
- Value and respect for Gender Diversity and Human Rights
- Contribute to the learning organization
- Optimist (can do-attitude), Persuasive, being able to create and maintain good relations with project partners (good networker)
- Competent team player, conscious about different cultural environments / valuing sensitivity
- Have passion to do managerial and administrative works
- Commit to work with good quality standards and time manner
- Result based mindset
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in health / public health / education; and/or other social science.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in SRHR, Youth, Gender, community empowerment issues, and development program, Experience in comprehensive sexuality education (CSE), children with disability, diversity, sexual minority groups and its advocacy work is advantageous.
- Good working knowledge of result-based management,
- Understanding of development issues and programs.
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English (verbal and written)
The application can be submitted by e-mail to: email@example.com by indicating the position: Project Officer RHRN #2. The application deadline will be on 20 August 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and Rutgers will ensure those candidates have no such record related to code of conduct issues.
RutgersWPF Indonesia gives equal opportunity employment regardless of gender, sexual orientation and religion, as well as cares for child protection rights