About Rutgers WPF Indonesia
Rutgers WPF Indonesia is a not-for-profit organization that has been working in Indonesia since 1997. Our work focusing on advancing the fulfillment of sexual and reproductive health rights for adolescents and young people, and the elimination of gender-based violence. Together with our partners, we develop intervention models to increase knowledge and strengthen systems that promote, uphold, and fulfill human rights. We develop comprehensive sexual and reproductive health education and services for adolescents and young people. We innovate to engage boys and men in the elimination of gender and sexuality-based violence.
To ensure sustainable changes, we join efforts with key actors in non-government sectors, faith-based organizations, and professional associations, to strengthen the Government of Indonesia’s efforts to combat violence against women and children. Most importantly, we partner with young people to address issues that matter in their lives.
About the post
Rutgers Indonesia has been successful in promoting SRHR and SGBV Prevention, facilitating public support, and establishing comprehensive sexuality education (CSE) for young people, adolescents, young parents, teachers, religious leaders, community leaders, government officials, and other duty bearers. To ensure the visibility of Rutgers Indonesia’s work and achievement, Rutgers Indonesia needs to engage the media in promoting success stories, advocating policymakers, and enhancing people’s awareness and participation. The engagement strategy should be able to stimulate various stakeholders to learn more about Rutgers Indonesia and its successes. It is important for Rutgers Indonesia to develop and implement social media strategy to increase its profile and promoting its programs.
A Communications and Campaign Manager (CCM) will be recruited to play a major role in improving Rutgers Indonesia‘s visibility and in ensuring continuous contact and exchange with local and national media. The CCM is responsible for the design, management, and implementation of the communications strategy for Rutgers Indonesia, with a view to influencing policy-makers, promoting public and media outreach, and mobilizing resources and financial support and the works of Rutgers Indonesia in general.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Country Representative, the CCM is expected to reinforce the capacity of the Partnership to implement effective communication messages internally and externally pertaining to the mandate and work of the organization through the use of appropriate information media, advocacy approaches, and communication tools.
This ToR is developed to guide Rutgers WPF Indonesia team to hire talent that fits with the requirement of CCM, within the set time frame. Detailed description of this position is described in the next part of this ToR.
Scope of Work
Under supervision of the Country Representative and in close collaboration with the knowledge management and monitoring-evaluation team, the CCM will play a critical role in developing communications and media strategy, work-plan and implementing arrangement, focusing on three main activities:
- Develop Effective communication and campaign strategy and planning focusing on achievement of the following activities:
- Develop an organization-wide communication and campaign strategy and plan, helping to improve Rutgers Indonesia capacity to communicate its programs and knowledge to the public
- Establish the new branding of Rutgers Indonesia for 2021 – 2025 program cycles
- Establish the SOP of Communication and Campaign and manuals for Rutgers Indonesia and its partners.
- Mainstream and sensitize the Communications Strategy, Plan, SOPs, and Manuals to all Rutgers Indonesia staff, consultants, and implementing partners.
- Ensures effective implementation of communication and campaign strategy focusing on achievement of the following activities:
- Support preparation and organization of public relations events including budget preparation, disbursement, and accountability report, etc
- Provide ongoing liaison, support, and facilitation among program and other programs Rutgers Indonesia and the Head-quarter offices in preparing information-related materials
- Support design and development of communication and campaign tools for effective communication and publications on achievement of positive public support supported by Rutgers Indonesia
- Prepare quality materials for presentation, media release, speeches, talking points, concept notes, correspondence, and other information publications, and disseminates media information materials.
- Manages the writing, development, design, production, and dissemination of diverse publications and news releases through a variety of media, including print, broadcast, and social, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Elaboration and implementation of Rutgers Indonesia publications strategy and plan based on the corporate publications policy
- Maintain and increase the visibility of Rutgers Indonesia, focusing on achievement of the following activities:
- Together with the Knowledge Management officer, increase the promotion and utilization of Rutgers Indonesia social media visibility, consultation platform, and learning management system
- Together with the Knowledge Management officer, promote the knowledge products of Rutgers Indonesia and its implementing partners for awareness-raising and resource mobilization.
- Maintain the consultants of website, podcast, and Rutgers Indonesia’s media platform.
- Maintaining effective partnership :
- Establish and oversee mechanism to update communication and campaign implementation in implementing partners.
- Lead the implementation of regular global communication program partner meetings.
Skills and Behaviour
- Familiarize with ethics and code of conduct in Rutgers WPF Indonesia.
- Hold self-accountability in making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modeling Rutgers WPF values.
- Build and maintain effective partnerships with team members, colleagues, and partners.
- Strong media relations experience with the ability to think creatively and generate new story angles.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to bring new creative ideas to communicate the organization’s work and grow audiences and reach.
- Excellent project management skills and experience of managing complex projects with multiple international partners, preferably experience of managing communication and campaign in SRHR-SGBV projects,
- Proven experience in communication and campaign with experience of participatory methods a strong asset,
- Commitment to Rutgers’ central approaches of meaningful youth participation and a positive Rights-Based Approach,
- Experience in line management of staff, the experience of remote management an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and diplomatic skills. Proven leadership and strategic thinking skills. Experience working with high-level global national stakeholders.
- Good understanding and support of young people’s role in communication and campaign, ability to create a safe arena for young people to contribute to SRHR and SGBV outcomes.
- Fluency in English both oral and written is a MUST.
Terms of employment
The appointment is a full-time position of 40 hours per week. Rutgers Indonesia offers a one-year contract with the possibility of extension. The post holder will be based at Rutgers WPF Indonesia office in Jakarta with frequent travel to Rutgers Indonesia sites.
Expected to submit the advertisement during 6th – 13th of April 2021. Shortlist and interview process during the 4th week of April 2021 and the position is expected on board in the 3rd week of May 2021.
How to Apply
Please send a motivation letter and CV to Rutgers Indonesia: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the email title: CCM POSITION by April 12, 2021 COB.
Candidates should also include and a link to original products/reports written in English. Interviews will take place in the week of 4th of April 2021.
We do not appreciate receipt of any commercial correspondence through the channels listed for the purposes of replying to this advertisement. Rutgers Indonesia is an organization that upholds the values of equality and justice; we encourage women, people with disabilities, marginalized groups, various ethnicities, and religions to apply to the position in Rutgers Indonesia.