Terms of Reference Recruitment of Generation G Project Manager
|Post||:||Generation G (Gen G) Project Manager|
|Specific requirement||:||Eligible for Indonesian nationality only|
|Report to||:||Head of Program and Indirectly to the Country Representative|
|Other program to coordinate with||:||PMEL, Communication and Knowledge Management, Finance and Procurement team|
|Duty station||:||Jakarta, with extensive travel to project sites (West Java, East Java, South Sulawesi and Possibly Central Sulawesi)|
|Contract duration||:||1-year full time with possible extension towards the end of project|
|Language||:||IndonesianEnglish – advance (speak, read, write, listen)|
About Rutgers WPF Indonesia
Rutgers WPF Indonesia is a not for profit organization that has been working in Indonesia since 1997. Our work focuses on advancing the fulfilment of sexual and reproductive health rights for adolescents and young people, and the elimination of gender-based violence. Together with our partners, we develop intervention models to increase knowledge and strengthen systems that promote, uphold, and fulfil human rights. We develop comprehensive sexual and reproductive health education and services for adolescents and young people. Together with our partners, we innovate to engage boys and men in the elimination of gender and sexuality-based violence.
To ensure sustainable changes, we join efforts with key actors in non-government sectors, faith-based organizations, and professional associations, to strengthen the Government of Indonesia’s efforts to combat violence against women and children. Most importantly, we partner with young people to address issues that matter in their lives.
About Generation Gender (Gen G) Project
The project expected to see: Indonesian gender-just and violence-free society that are inclusive and supportive to youth (men, women and other intersectional groups). It is expected that Indonesian society has sufficient awareness and mindset about gender justice and GBV prevention, to be more open and inclusive to youth, providing more safe spaces and access to resources and assistance. The expectations are the ultimate outcome which will be supported by three long term outcomes; Public Support, Public Policy and CSO strengthening.
About the post
To ensure that Gen G Project will continue delivering quality advocacy and implementation, Gen G is hiring a talented person to perform the role of Gen G Project Manager (Gen G PM). The post holder is responsible for ensuring that the Gen G Project achieves its goals and specific objectives. In order to do so, the Gen G PM is expected to establish a program strategy that ensures high quality effective advocacy, research, campaign and the development of young people as partners, and manage the successful implementation of this strategy through mechanisms that uphold strong partnership and a positive and affirming working environment.
This ToR is developed to guide Rutgers WPF Indonesia team to hire talent that fits with the requirement of Gen G Project Manager, within the set time frame. Detailed description of this position is described in the next part of this ToR.
C. Scope of Work
Planning, Monitoring, and Evaluation
- Lead the development of an annual plan, regular review, and revision.
- Ensure the overall quality of program implementation which include but not limited to:
- Design and lead the implementation of a structured and regular monitoring mission to Gen G implementing partners in the intervention area.
- Provide technical assistance on program management to the implementing partners
- Collaborate with the PMEL team to design and conduct internal evaluation, be part of its implementation which includes facilitating participatory evaluation with key stakeholders, analysis process and completion of the annual report.
Ensuring quality implementation of programs
- Ensure programs are implemented according to ToC and logical framework developed by Global and Indonesia Consortium.
- Establish and maintain mechanisms to support the project implementation of the site implementer team, which interprets as but is not limited to: quality checking, target monitoring, accountability, and analyze output and outcome results.
- Backstop issues related with field work which include advising on resolving issues around partnership with intervention team (e.g. others SGBV projects in NGOs, donor agency, local government and national level)
- During field work, assist Gen G partners in establishing communication channels and partnerships with key stakeholders at national level.
Ensure Gen G implements effective and measurable advocacy work
- Work with implementing partners and other Rutgers WPF programs, especially Power to Youth and Right Here Right Now#2, to translate implementation work and its research findings into advocacy tools e.g. position papers and policy briefs.
- Advise implementing partners to update the map of advocacy opportunities on SGBV and youth engagement at subnational and national level.
- Establishment of advocacy strategy and priorities, ensure regular review of strategy, and improvement to achieve objectives and goals.
- In collaboration with implementing partners and local government, maintain partnerships among Gen G key stakeholders at subnational and national level.
- In collaboration with other teams in Rutgers Indonesia, represent the program and organization in ASRH and SGBV alliances and other advocacy work.
- Provide technical advice and support to the Gen G program on the adoption of the Gender Transformative Approach (GTA) by the SRHR and SGBV program.
- In collaboration with the other team in Rutgers Indonesia, build the capacity among intervention partners to conduct advocacy.
- Establish and facilitate dialogue between implementing partners and central level stakeholders, to understand implementation results, its research, findings, and potential adoption in public policies.
- Work with Rutgers Indonesia country office’s communication team to develop and strategize stakeholder engagement on SGBV issues, GTA, Meaningful Youth and Inclusive Participation (MIYP).
Maintaining effective partnership
- Establish and oversee mechanisms to update Gen G implementing partners.
- Lead the implementation of regular national program partner meetings.
- Create technical assistance for capacity building of partners, local government and other relevant stakeholders.
Ensuring continued development and management of performing program
- Prepare, execute, and report activities according to the annual implementation plan.
- Ensure all Gen G activities utilize program budget in the plan, and follow the financial regulation, standard, and procedure in Rutgers Indonesia.
- Lead the strategy to hire, monitor and evaluate performance of consultants. This includes preparing and submitting reports according to the procedure and standard in Rutgers Indonesia.
Skills and Behavior
- Familiarize with ethics and code of conducts in Rutgers Indonesia.
- Hold self-accountability in making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role-modelling Rutgers Indonesia values.
- Build and maintain effective partnership with team members, colleagues, and partners.
- Excellent project management skills and experience of managing complex projects with multiple international partners, preferably experience of managing advocacy and/or research projects,
- Proven experience of advocacy with existing relevant networks a strong asset,
- Proven experience in qualitative research with experience of participatory methods a strong asset, and quantitative is a strong asset,
- Experience in preparing monitoring reports for international donors,
- Commitment to Rutgers’ central approaches of meaningful youth participation and a positive Rights Based Approach, and Gender Transformative approach,
- Experience of line management of staff, experience of remote management will be an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and diplomatic skills. Proven leadership and strategic thinking skills. Experience working with high level global stakeholders and academics.
- Good understanding and supportive of young people’s role in advocacy, program implementation, ability to create a safe arena for young people to contribute to Gen G outcomes.
- Fluency in English both oral and written is a MUST.
E. Terms of employment
The appointment is a full-time position of 40 hours per week. Rutgers offers a one-year contract with possibility of extension. The post holder will be based at Rutgers Indonesia office in Jakarta with frequent travel to the intervention area.
Expected to submit the advertisement during 25th of November – 2nd of December 2020. Shortlist and interview process during 1st and 2nd week of December 2020 and the position is expected on board in the Mid of January 2020.
G. How to Apply
Please send a motivation letter and CV to email@example.com by 5 PM on December 2nd, 2020 with the title of email: PM GEN-G. Rutgers Indonesia will shortlist when we receive suitable candidates.
Candidates should also include a link to original products/reports written in English.
Rutgers Indonesia is an organization that enforces a code of ethics to prevent fraud and violence against women and children. Tracing of records of violations will be carried out carefully.