Table of Content
1. Information Collected
Personally-Identifiable InformationPersonally-Identifiable Information (“Personal Information”) is information that identifies you, such as your name, phone number, email address, mailing address, credit card number (if you use a credit card to make a donation or payment), or organizational affiliation. Rutgers and Rutgers’s service providers only collect Personal Information when you submit such information to sign-up for our personalized services, for example when you sign up for the Rutgers newsletter, product payment, or donate.
- We may collect Personal Information you provide to us over the phone, in email, through a face-to-face conversation, or through online and offline forms such as Rutgers newsletters, surveys, donation forms, event registration, contests, grant applications, grant-related communications and advocacy action alerts that you populate.
- When you engage with Rutgers on social media, we may collect basic information on your profile, including your name and profile bio, the size of your following, your social sharing activity and your content preferences from social media platforms used by you. Rutgers does not collect images scanned and collected from our AR Products. For example, we log when you are using and have last used our AR Products, and what posts, videos and other content you view on our AR Products, but we do not collect Personal Information and any resulting photos from our AR Products.
- We may also collect information from or about you from other public online and offline sources, such as LinkedIn, or information published in online or print media, in addition to your use of the Sites or when you communicate with us. For example, when you attend one of our events, we may ask you for your contact information to follow up with you about other opportunities to engage on Rutgers’s mission.
Device and Location InformationWhen you visit our Sites, some information is automatically collected from devices used to visit our Sites, including your computer’s IP address, the type of browser you use. We also get information about in-bound domain names and pages viewed. This data tells us which pages our users visit and what information they volunteer, such as survey information and/or site registrations.
CookiesWe also collect information about your usage and activity on our Sites using certain technologies, such as cookies, web beacons and other technologies.
2. Use of Information
Personal InformationWe will only collect and process Personal Information about you where we have lawful bases. Lawful bases include consent (where you have given consent) and our legitimate interest in operating, managing and promoting our organization, maintaining our relationship with you and protecting Rutgers and our Sites provided that such processing shall not outweigh your rights and freedoms. Where we rely on your consent to process personal data, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time and where we rely on legitimate interests, you have the right to object. If you have any questions about the lawful bases upon which we collect and use your personal data, please contact email@example.com. Examples of uses of Personal Information where you have given consent are:
- to periodically alert you to Rutgers news and events when you signed up for the Rutgers newsletter or other news updates
- to contact you about contests or sweepstakes you entered through our Sites and to invite you to participate in new contests and sweepstakes
- to process payment or donations we receive from you
- to make grant funding decisions, conduct funding related due diligence and administer Rutgers funding agreements
- to customize your web experience or content you receive via email
- to respond to your inquiries
- to encourage engagement with content on social media platforms
- for internal data analysis, for example to identify trends, determine effectiveness of past and current campaigns, enhance current online tools, and plan future digital strategies
- to conduct supporter and prospect research
- in response to a subpoena or when we are required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or other legal obligation
- in response to a law enforcement agency’s request
- to protect the security or confidentiality of our records
- in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with our rights
- to manage corporate transitions, such as reorganizations
Information Combining, Aggregation and AnalysisWe may combine and use data analysis to interpret your information and predict how likely you are to be interested in or responsive to a particular campaign or fundraising communication. If we conclude that you have the potential or interest in supporting Rutgers’s efforts at a higher level, we may collect additional publicly available information about you and combine and analyze that information into a donor profile, which allows us to engage with you in a customized manner that is responsive to your supporter interest. We commonly look at and combine information from public information resources and other data sources that you chose to make available publicly on your social media channels to give insight into your philanthropic interests and ability to support us. In addition, we may use trusted third party companies that analyze and measure available information to assess affluence. This helps us understand more about your interests and level of potential engagement or donation. In some instances, we may combine Personal Information with Device Information or Location Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined. We may aggregate non-personally identifiable information collected from you and other users as well as Device Information or Location Information to produce general statistics that cannot be linked to your or any specific user and with which we attempt to provide you with a better experience on our Sites, to improve services, and to analyze and understand how our Sites are used.
Some of the ways we use your Personal information require us to share information with third parties, so we can provide an effective user experience and comply with laws that apply to us:
Law enforcement agencies or government agencies. We only share information if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or Rutgers; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
Affiliates. If we were to engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy, we would share your information with a party involved in such a process (for example, the successor organization of Rutgers).
RetentionWe keep your Personal Information only so long as we need it fulfill the purposes described in this policy. When we no longer need to use your Personal Information and there is no need for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, we will either remove it from our systems or depersonalize it so that you cannot be identified.
3. Your ChoicesYou can control the type of information collected through our Sites, for example by not accepting cookies from Rutgers, by erasing all Rutgers cookies from your browser, or by not providing Personal Information when prompted.
Communication ChoicesIf you wish to update your Personal Information with us or change your communications preferences or if you no longer wish to receive communications from us, please click on the “unsubscribe” link in the email to unsubscribe or tell us so by email, phone, or written letter. Please include your exact name and contact details so that we can correctly remove you from our mailing list. Our mailing address is: Graha Inti Fauzi, 9th Floor, Pasar Minggu, Greater Jakarta, Indonesia (12510). We can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at +62-21-79182235 or +62-21-79182236.
Cookie ChoicesYour choice will impact your communications preferences, for example we will not be able to respond to inquiries when you do not share your email address with us.
5. Linked WebsitesOur Sites contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
6. Children’s PrivacyWe recognize the importance of protecting the privacy of children on the web and will never collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 13 years old. No part of our website is directed at children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under age 13. If we discover that a person under the age of 13 has provided us with any Personal Information, we will delete that information from our systems. We do not reply to information requests from children under the age of 13, if so identified. A parent or guardian must initiate any requests for information from children under the age of 13 on their behalf. We encourage parents to supervise children when they browse the internet.
7. Notices to Residents of Certain Jurisdiction
EU and UK ResidentsIn accordance with applicable law, you are entitled to know what personal information we hold about you and you may ask us to make any necessary corrections to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. Under applicable law, you also have the right to request deletion of your personal information or to object to the processing of your personal information. If you wish to exercise your rights, please contact us (Your Choices). You may also have a right to complain to your data protection authority. Rutgers is based in Indonesia but we use a server by Digital Ocean in United States. Please be aware that if you submit information to us, it will be stored on servers in the United States.
Mexico ResidentsYou can contact us (Your Choices) to enforce your privacy rights at any time, including to access your data, ask for your data to be updated, amended or deleted as well as to oppose the way we use your personal data. You may also contact us to request to revoke your previously granted consent to the extent permitted by law. Through the same contact data, we may inform you about:
- the information that you will be asked to provide to identify yourself as well as the documents you may need to enclose with your request;
- timeframes to receive a response regarding your request;
- forms available for submitting your request, including template forms that you may use to apply, if available, and the channel through which our answer will be delivered to you; and
- how we will deliver your information to you (which usually would be copies of documents, data messages).