ABOUT THE ORGANISATION AND POSITION
Ruang Temu Generasi Sehat Indonesia (Rutgers Indonesia) is an organization based in Indonesia and affiliated with Rutgers in the Netherlands. It works with implementation, research and advocacy partners in various provinces in Indonesia to improve sexual and reproductive health and the acceptance of sexual rights, gender equality and gender-based violence prevention. Rutgers Indonesia addresses various challenges and problems young people face regarding their sexual and reproductive health and well-being. We do this, amongst others, by empowering them through research and advocacy, program implementation, and grant management.
One of the programs currently being implemented by Rutgers Indonesia is Power to You(th). Power to You(th) is a five-year program (2021-2025) that believes that change starts from the community. To realize this change, the Power to You(th) consortium seeks to strengthen civil society organizations to empower and increase the voices of adolescent girls and young women (AGYW). The program’s overall goal is to contribute to more adolescent girls and young women from underserved communities being meaningfully involved in decision-making regarding harmful practices, FGM, and unintended pregnancies.
Power to You(th) will involve youth aged between 12 – 24 years from underserved communities as the target group. The above goals will only be achieved if civic space, including social actors, the state and the media, can be empowered.
Currently Rutgers Indonesia is looking for enthusiastic candidates for the following position and who are interested in working on SRHR issues and available on short notice: District Coordinator (Based in Lombok)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities are:
- Plan and organize the delivery of the overall program in Lombok and its activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization;
- Lead and coordinate program implementation to achieve the objective of the program;
- Develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the program;
- Develop and implement program’s objectives and capacity to achieve the successful outcome;
- Develop an annual budget and operating plan to support the program in Lombok;
- Coordinate and collaborate with the district government office on planning, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating the program;
- Communicate closely with Head of Programs, Program team, PMEL team, and Finance team on results an analysis of results program performance;
- To ensure all plans are in line with program result chain formulated;
- Manage the field officers and admin/finance assistant to implement all planned activities;
- Explore potential funding opportunities for sustainability.
Skills and Competencies:
- Analytical and strategic thinking
- Energetic and inspiring personality, excellent communication skills
- Commitment to fulfil Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights
- Focus on the best working standards
- Innovation and trend-setter on SRHR and SGBV works
- Value and respect difference in Gender and Sexual Diversity and Human Rights
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Able to lead and coordinate program implementation
- Contribute to the learning organization
- Optimist (can do-attitude)
Control the program:
- Write regular reports on the program for management and for donor;
- Ensure that the program operate within the approved budget;
- Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to the Jakarta office on a regular basis;
- Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures;
- Ensure that Target vs Achievement for the programs is being analysed and up to date;
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control the risks;
- Monitor the program activities on a regular basis and identify if there are any important findings that need to be addressed and discussed with the Power to You(th) Programme Manager in Jakarta.
- Minimum bachelor degree in health/public health/education; and/or other social science.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in SRHR issues/public health/population and development; preferable having experience as trainer/facilitator and in developing training modules.
- Experience in leading a team.
- Experience in program management, including financial management and administration.
- Good working knowledge of result-based management.
- Understands development issues and working knowledge on SRHR and/or SGBV.
- Persuasive, being able to create and maintain good relations with project partners (good networker).
- Competent team player, conscious about different cultural environments/valuing sensitivity.
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English (verbal and written) .
- Have a good understanding of the social, cultural and political context in the Lombok area.