|Post||Program Communication and Campaign Specialist|
|Specific requirement||Eligible for Indonesian nationality only|
|Report to||Appointed Program Manager|
|Other program to coordinate with||3|
|Duty station||Jakarta, with extensive travel to program sites (North Sumatera, West Java, East Java, Central Java, Lampung, Bali and Central Sulawesi)|
|Contract duration||End in Dec 2022 and possible to be extended depend on the performance evaluation (32 hours per week maximum)|
English – advance (speak, read, write, listen)
About Rutgers Indonesia
Rutgers Indonesia (Ruang Temu Generasi Sehat Indonesia) is a not-for-profit organization that has been working in Indonesia since 1997. Our work focusing on advancing the fulfilment of sexual and reproductive health rights for adolescents and young people, and the elimination of gender-based violence. Together with our partners, we develop intervention models to increase knowledge and strengthen systems that promote, uphold, and fulfil human rights. We develop comprehensive sexual and reproductive health education and services for adolescents and young people. We innovate to engage boys and men in the elimination of gender and sexuality-based violence.
To ensure sustainable changes, we join efforts with key actors in non-government sectors, faith-based organizations, and professional associations, to strengthen the Government of Indonesia’s efforts to combat violence against women and children. Most importantly, we partner with young people to address issues that matters in their lives.
About the post
Rutgers Indonesia has been successful in promoting SRHR and SGBV Prevention, facilitating public support and establishing the comprehensive sexuality education (CSE) for young people, adolescents, young parents, teachers, religious leaders, community leaders, government officials, and other duty bearer. To ensure the visibility of Rutgers Indonesia’s work and achievement, Rutgers Indonesia needs to engage the media in promoting success stories, advocating policy makers and enhancing people’s awareness and participation. The engagement strategy should be able to stimulate various stakeholders to learn more about Rutgers Indonesia’ program and its successes. It is important for Rutgers Indonesia to develop and implement sound media strategy to increase its profile and promoting its programs.
The communications specialist (CS) will work closely with program team (RHRN 2, PTY, and Gen-G) to support program’s activities in influencing public, especially young people’s, opinion on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) and Sexual and Gender-Based Violence (SGBV). Detailed program can be accessed in our website: https://rutgers.id/tentang-kami/program-kami/.
Together with the program team, the CS will develop communications strategy for the programs with the view to influence policy makers, promote public and media outreach and to mobilize resources. The position will also contribute to write and disseminate publicity and campaign material, respond to inquiries from the public and media, and provide technical assistance to CSOs coalition members in each program. To succeed as a communications specialist, you should be able to think creatively, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and share enthusiasm in promoting SRHR and SBGV prevention with and for young people. CS is expected to have quite extensive experience in influencing public, young people’s experience, and policy makers and CO is expected to have several experiences in developing and disseminating various media campaign for similar issues.
Scope of work
Under supervision of the Appointed Program Manager and in close collaboration with the knowledge management and monitoring-evaluation team, the CS will play a critical role in developing communications and media strategy, work-plan and implementing arrangement, focusing on three main activities:
- Develop Effective communication and campaign strategy and planning focusing on achievement of following activities:
- Develop a program communication and campaign strategy and plan, helping to improve Rutgers Indonesia program capacity to communicate its programs and knowledge to public
- Establish the SOP of Communication and Campaign and manuals for Rutgers Indonesia program and its partners.
- Mainstream and sensitize the Communications Strategy, Plan, SOPs and Manuals to all Rutgers Indonesia staff, consultants, and implementing partners.
- Ensures effective implementation of communication and campaign strategy focusing on achievement of the following activities:
- Support preparation and organization of public relations events including budget preparation, disbursement and accountability report etc
- Provide on-going liaison, support and facilitation among program and other program Rutgers Indonesia and the Head-quarter offices in preparing information-related materials
- Support design and development of communication and campaign tools for effective communication and publications on achievement of positive public support supported by Rutgers Indonesia
- Prepare quality materials for presentation, media release, speeches, talking points, concept notes, correspondence and other information publications, and disseminates media information materials.
- Manages the writing, development, design, production and dissemination of diverse publications and news releases through a variety of media, including print, broadcast and social, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Elaboration and implementation of Rutgers Indonesia publications strategy and plan based on the corporate publications policy
- Maintain and increase the visibility of Rutgers Indonesia’ program, focusing on achievement of the following activities:
- Together with PMEL and Program team, increase the promotion and utilization of Rutgers Indonesia social media visibility, promote the knowledge products of Rutgers Indonesia’s program and its implementing partners for awareness raising and influence the policy and public opinion.
- Maintaining effective partnership
- Establish and oversee mechanism to update communication and campaign implementation in implementing partners.
- Lead the implementation of regular global communication program partner meeting.
Skills and Behaviour
- Familiarize with ethics and code of conducts in Rutgers WPF Indonesia.
- Hold self-accountability in making decision, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role-modelling Rutgers Indonesia values.
- Build and maintain effective partnership with team members, colleagues, and partners.
- Strong media relations experience with ability to think creatively and generate new story angles.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to bring new creative ideas to communicate the organization’s work and grow audiences and reach.
- Have a strong understanding, have been working and engaging in the issues of SRHR and SGBV in professional and community life.
- Proven experience in communication and campaign with experience of participatory methods a strong asset,
- Commitment to Rutgers’ central approaches of meaningful youth participation and a positive Rights Based Approach,
- Experience of line management of staff, experience of remote management an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and diplomatic skills. Proven leadership and strategic thinking skills. Experience working with global and national stakeholders.
- Good understanding and supportive of young people’s role in communication and campaign, ability to create safe arena for young people to contribute to SRHR and SGBV outcomes.
- Fluency in English both oral and written is a MUST.
Terms of employment
The appointment is a part-time position with 32 hours maximum per week. The post holder will be based at Rutgers Indonesia office in Jakarta with frequent travel to Rutgers Indonesia sites.
Expected to submit the advertisement during 26 February – 11 March 2022. Shortlist and interview process during the third week of March and the position is expected on board in the second week of April 2022