A National hire and Middle Management Team with time allocation: 70% for CSE Program Quality & Development and 30% for Explore4Action Research Result Advocacy for Rutgers Indonesia.
Based in The Country Office – Jakarta, Indonesia
Rutgers Indonesia (RID) is the center of expertise on sexual and reproductive health and right. For many years, we have been working to improve the SRHR in Indonesia together with our strong partners in the Netherlands and Africa. RID working to address various challenges and problems faced by young people regarding their sexual and reproductive health and wellbeing. We do this amongst others, through empowering them through comprehensive sexuality education. Sexuality is not necessarily about sex, but also related to health, being comfortable with their body, as well as respecting other people’s rights. Comprehensive refers to providing accurate and complete information and building skills that help young people to develop their knowledge and behavior so they are aware of their own health and sexual development, and respect other people’s rights. Rutgers approach to programs include research, M&E, advocacy and knowledge management.
Roles: to provide overall technical support (in the thematic area of Comprehensive Sexuality Education) to the design and implementation of the on-going programs in the intervention area and supporting the Ministry of Education and Ministry of Health in scaling up the CSE program. The program will be delivered over 4 years until 2024. Priority areas include; DKI Jakarta, West Java, East Java, Central Java, North Sumatera, NTB, Bali, and Lampung as well as National level initiatives.
- Lead the quality planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of the program’s CSE interventions across the programs (RHRN II, Power to Youth and Explore4Action)
- Provide technical support to Government of Indonesia staff working with the program in the implementation of the program’s CSE related activities
- Contribute to the writing of the inception report to the donor and other regular reports to be produced throughout the program
- Support the development of cost annual work plans, as needed.
- Ensure that RID policies for Child Protection (CPP), Safeguarding, and Gender Transformative Approaches (GTA) are fully embedded across CSE program interventions
- Ensure documentation of case studies, best practices and lessons learned.
- Support M&E colleagues in formulating indicators to measure the effectiveness of CSE interventions and in the development of the M&E Framework
- Based on M&E findings, support the process of adapting programming to ensure that CSE interventions are most effective/ relevant to context are applied across the program
External representation and relationship building:
- Represent Rutgers Indonesia at program management committee meetings, coalition and government partner meetings at district, regional and national levels on behalf of the organization, as needed
- Build strong relationships with national, regional and district level Ministry of Education, Ministry of Health (and other relevant line ministries) officials responsible for addressing gender inequalities in education and CSE related matters. Coordinate regularly to ensure close alignment and complementarity of Government activities with those CSE interventions of the program.
- Work with relevant Government representatives to ensure program CSE interventions are focused on sustainability post program implementation
- Engage with key national, regional, and community stakeholders, including government representatives, donor, civil society, and academic institutions as needed
- Present to various audiences on the technical CSE aspects of the program design and implementation and support the process of dissemination of learning.
Support and capacity building to delivery teams:
- Provide hands-on support to the Rutgers Indonesia delivery team, as well as across implementing partners where needed.
- Promote mutual understanding and the sharing of ideas, information and experience on CSE issues among team members
- Carry out capacity gap assessments and analysis with Rutgers Indonesia and Rutgers Netherlands for on-going program staff and coordinate training sessions based on gaps identified by the program.
Scope of Appointment:
Reports to:The Country Representative.
The appointment is a full-time position of 40 hours per week. We offer a one-year contract with possibility of extension. The post holder will be based at Rutgers Indonesia office in Jakarta with frequent travel to more than 8 sites across Indonesia and International network in Europe, Africa, and Asia.
In order to succeed in the challenging and varied role, you will have extensive experience in the following areas:
- Applied technical knowledge in thematic area of CSE, including knowledge of related attitudes, behaviors, and social norms in Indonesia
- Knowledge of various strategies and interventions to support/ promote CSE is essential
- Strong passion and commitment to championing CSE and to challenging harmful gender and social norms and behaviors
- Significant experience implementing or advising large-scale, consortium-led, multi-year interventions to support CSE in challenging contexts, ideally in Indonesia, rural and urban settings.
- Strong understanding of the contextual challenges faced by communities in Indonesia as well as solid working experience in the country
- Strong relationships with CSE sector specialists and relevant government offices in Indonesia would be an advantage
- Experience working with/ through partners, including building technical capacity of implementing partner organizations and government staff
- Experience of liaising with and supporting governments to deliver CSE strategies at different levels
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse sets of stakeholders, such as local NGOs, government officials, donor representatives, local and international staff
- Experience in contributing to development of robust M&E and Learning frameworks for CSE interventions; Experience in supporting the design of both qualitative and quantitative M&E tools
- Familiarity with youth-cantered, participatory approaches to data collection
- Strong public presentation skills and ability to represent the program to a variety of audiences ranging from government representatives, donors, academic institutions, civil society, community representatives, and others as required.
- Strong communication skills, including advanced report writing skills
Education and language
- Degree in a relevant field, for example, Education Management, Education Technology, Gender Studies, Gender and Education, Gender and Development, Public Health, Development Studies, or Sociology
- Fluency in English – both spoken and written
Type of Role: Fixed term contract. Contract will be renewable on annual basis depending on performance, funding etc.; Unaccompanied position
How to apply
Please send a motivation letter and CV to Rutgers Indonesia < ‘recruitment rutgers’ <email@example.com>> by 5PM on December 31st, 2021.
Candidates should also include a link to original products/reports written in English. Interviews will take place in the second week of January 2022.
We do not appreciate receipt of any commercial correspondence through the channels listed for the purposes of replying to this advertisement.