Junior Media & Communications Officer
Full time-Service Contract with possibility extension, Jakarta based, 1 (One) Position.
Rutgers WPF Indonesia is an organization that believes that sexuality and human reproductive health should be viewed positively without being judgmental and free from violence. Our vision is to create a conducive environment (gaining support from the government and the wider community) in realizing an Indonesian society free from all forms of violence, fulfilling the rights of sexual health and reproductive rights that are equal and non-discriminatory. Rutgers Indonesia also operates in some areas across Indonesia. such as Lampung, DKI Jakarta, Central Java, West Java, East Java, South Sulawesi, North Sumatera, Bali, and NTB. For more detail about the program see the link: https://rutgers.id/.
Currently, RutgersWPF Indonesia is looking for enthusiastic candidates for the following position and who are interested in working on SRHR issues and who are available on short notice.
The Junior Media & Communications Officer is based in Jakarta and reports directly to the Communications Officer. The incumbent will also work closely with the Project team in Rutgers Indonesia to execute all the communication-related activities. S/He works closely with the Communications Officer and all project staff to draft communication materials and effectively communicate Rutgers approaches, activities, outputs, and impact.
Specific responsibilities of the Junior Media and Communications officer include but are not limited to:
- Support Communications Officer in design, execute and refine Rutgers’s communication strategy to support an evidence-based SRHR and SGBV approaches.
- Support all Rutgers programs as it engages and develops partnerships with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Document and effectively communicate partnership activities, including participatory design and co-investment in local solutions.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of technical assistance to partners.
- Together with the Communications Officer ensure all communication materials and reporting complies with the Rutgers Branding and Marking Plan.
- Support in creative campaign production and dissemination of publicity materials
- Support in developing a resource mobilization plan for Rutgers Indonesia and assist to implement
- Contribute significantly to the preparation and implementation of national and sub-national events.
- Manage all external communication platform including websites and social media
- Support in public and media relations to increase organization visibility
- Support the Communication team in coordinating the organization and delivery of major communications events
- Other duties as assigned are consistent with the overall focus of the project.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, international relations, public health, psychology, and other social and humanity studies, or related discipline.
- A minimum of 2 (two) years of experience in Communication activities, such as journalism, public relations, media relation, social campaign, and digital marketing
- Knowledge in printed and digital publication production
- Knowledge and experience in working with mass media
- Experience in creative content making, writing articles, and basic knowledge of photo and video production
- Technology savvy (MS Office, Adobe Pack, Website WordPress CMS, Social media handling, CANVA, Trello, and other digital communication tools)
- Proven experience in event organization, ideally at transnational level
- Excellent communications skills (both oral and written)
- Capacity to effectively interact with young people and multiple stakeholders including policy makers, senior civil servants, and service providers
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken)
- Attention to specific details
- Available for frequent travels
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants could send the cover letter and CV at the latest on 11 April 2021 to email@example.com with the title of “Junior Media & Communications Officer” in the subject line and specify their availability date in the CV.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.